Book Title: Merrell's Strong Start―Pre-K: A Social and Emotional Learning Curriculum, Second Edition
Publisher: Brookes Publishing
Author: Sara A. Whitcomb Ph.D.
- Merrell's Strong Start―Grades K–2: A Social and Emotional Learning Curriculum, Second Edition
- Merrell's Strong Kids―Grades 3–5: A Social and Emotional Learning Curriculum, Second Edition (Strong Kids: a Social & Emotional Learning Curriculum)
- Merrell's Strong Kids―Grades 6–8: A Social and Emotional Learning Curriculum, Second Edition
- Merrell's Strong Teens―Grades 9–12: A Social and Emotional Learning Curriculum, Second Edition
- Activities for Building Character and Social-Emotional Learning Grades PreK–K (Safe & Caring Schools®)
- The MindUP Curriculum: Grades PreK–2: Brain-Focused Strategies for Learning—and Living
- Listening to My Body: A guide to helping kids understand the connection between their sensations (what the heck are those?) and feelings so that they can get better at figuring out what they need.
- More Creative Coping Skills for Children: Activities, Games, Stories, and Handouts to Help Children Self-regulate
- Mindful Kids: 50 Activities for Calm, Focus and Peace
- 70 Play Activities for Better Thinking, Self-Regulation, Learning & Behavior
Teach social-emotional competence to preschoolers with the NEW edition of the Strong Start—Pre–K curriculum! Part of the Strong Kids™ series, Strong Start is the fun, easy way to help young children develop the social-emotional skills they need to build a strong foundation for school success. Developed by a team of educational and mental health experts, this evidence-based, age-appropriate curriculum is
- Low cost and low tech
- Proven to help increase young children's knowledge of healthy behavior
- Easy to implement with no training required
- Brief enough to use with any program
Through engaging classroom activities, children learn about emotions and the social-emotional skills they'll use for the rest of their lives: managing anger, reducing stress, solving interpersonal problems, and more. This scientifically based curriculum runs for 10 weeks, and lessons are easy to fit into your existing schedule. Partially scripted lessons, handouts, and worksheets are included—all photocopiable and available as downloads—so you have everything you need to implement the program with little added cost or preparation.
Learn more about the Strong Kids series.
See how this product helps strengthen Head Start program quality and school readiness.